Tuesday, August 16, 2011

The Sinking Ship Survives

First, I won't make the "Sinking Ship Stays Afloat" joke that it appears every other source will.

Good news, though. The Sinking Ship was unanimously approved for its liquor license renewal despite some residents in the Meridian Kessler neighborhood's objections. Only one showed up to yesterday's hearing to object.

I've always thought that this was less about the business itself and more about the patrons. Tattoos and body piercing are the norm there, and I think some people would rather see a place frequented by those in golf shirts and khakis.

I have no tattoos or piercings. I still like The Sinking Ship, though. Cool place with a good menu. I'm glad she's staying open.

Follow the link for more on this from the indystar.

No comments:

Post a Comment